Wills, Trusts, and Estate Planning Attorneys
After spending a lifetime earning a living, collecting assets, and building a family legacy, it is important that you decide what is done with what you have earned once you are gone. Through effective estate planning, you–and not the government–can determine how to administer your estate. Contact our estate planning attorneys to make your final wishes known and ensure peace of mind.
Providing Experienced Estate Planning Services
- Wills. Establish exactly how your assets will be distributed, create trusts for children and grandchildren, and appoint guardians for minor children in a valid last will and testament.
- Trusts. Work with one of our experienced Polk County Trust Attorneys to avoid substantial estate taxes by creating a marital deduction trust or a charitable remainder trust, or protect assets and government benefit eligibility through a special needs trust. Proper use of revocable trusts can help your estate entirely.
- Advance directives. Protect your assets and your health care wishes by having a:
- Living Will Declaration– States in precise and technical language that you do not wish your life to be artificially prolonged if you are in a terminal state or in an advanced Alzheimer’s condition.
- Durable power of attorney- Appoints an individual to make decisions regarding your finances and daily needs in the event that you become incapacitated or unable to handle your personal affairs. If a durable power of attorney is not created prior to, incapacity, the expense of a guardianship may be necessary.
- Healthcare Power of Attorney- Appoints an individual agent (“the Surrogate”) to make decisions regarding your healthcare should you become incapacitated or unable to make those decisions on your own. In addition, create a “durable” Healthcare Power of Attorney to allow your surrogate to act immediately or while you still have capacity.
Trust & Estate Administration Services
In addition to assisting individuals in planning for their final wishes, James M Weaver, PA, also assists families in carrying out those wishes after a loved one has passed. We comfort our clients in their time of loss and ensure the estate at hand is administered correctly. We provide trust administration and representation in will contests when needed.
Contact James M. Weaver, PA
The estate administration process can be a stressful time for family members of a lost loved one. By creating an effective estate plan, you can have confidence that your affairs are in order and that your final wishes will be followed. Our ultimate goal is to provide peace of mind for you and your loved ones. Contact our Polk County trust attorneys today!