James C. McClendon II
James C. McClendon II
Lake Wales, Florida
Phone: (863) 676-6000
Fax: (863) 678-1515
Email: Contact Me
Jay was born and raised in Lake Wales. His undergraduate degree, from Vanderbilt University, is a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with a minor in Computer Science. Jay received his law degree from the University of Georgia where he was a member of the Editorial Board of the Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law.
Jay was admitted to practice in 1986 in both Florida and Georgia and began his legal career in Pensacola, Florida. Eventually Jay decided to return to his hometown of Lake Wales to raise his five children in a friendly, rural community. Jay and his wife, Robin, now home school their children who raise various animals on their farm and work hard to attain black belts in Karate.
Jay is active in his church and is a former chairman of Christian HELP, which is a charitable foundation that assists the unemployed in gaining meaningful employment. Jay, served three years as a member of the Lake Wales Medical Center Board of Trustees, is a former president of the local Kiwanis Club, and serves as secretary of the Lake Wales Main Street Organization.
Jay's legal practice focuses on commercial and real estate litigation, homeowners' and condominium associations, construction law, probate, guardianship, and bankruptcy. When Jay has spare time, he enjoys hunting, fishing, skiing, or playing golf.
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 1986
- Georgia, 1986
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1987
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1988
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2002
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia, 1986
Law Review: Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law, 1984 - 1985
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, 1983
Major: Business Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar, 1986 - Present
- Georgia Bar, 1986 - Present
- Tampa Bay Area Bankruptcy Association, 1998 - Present
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, 2005 - Present
- August 2, 1961, Lake Wales, Florida