Shelby Loveless graduated from the Florida State University College of Law on May 1, 2016, in the Class of 2016. The daughter of Chuck and Lori Loveless, Shelby is a third generation Lake Walean. Shelby graduated Valedictorian of the Frostproof High School Class of 2010. Shelby attended The Florida State University Honors College and graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelors of Arts in International Affairs.
While at Florida State University, Shelby was Vice President of Finance of the Inter-Residence Hall Council, inducted into Golden Key National Honor Society and Phi Beta Kappa and named a FSU Legal Honors Scholar. Upon graduation, Shelby was admitted to the Florida State University College of Law.
During her tenure at Florida State University College of Law, Shelby was a member of the Law Review, Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law, and Business Review and the Executive Editor for the Journal of Transnational Law and Policy. Shelby also served as a Student Ambassador and a member of the Elections Commission for the Student Government Association.
While also obtaining her Juris Doctorate Shelby worked in both the public and private sector in several areas of law, including criminal, family law and estate planning. Shelby worked for Novey Law, Sandra Green, Esq. and the Public Interest Law Center, all of Tallahassee. Shelby also externed with the United States Attorneys Office, Northern District of Florida, drafting and researching for both federal trial court and appellate court cases. Shelby completed her pro bono hours with the Florida Council Against Sexual Violence. Throughout Shelby’s undergraduate and law school career, she worked for James M. Weaver, PA working her way from an intern to associate. Shelby sat for the Florida Bar in July 2016 and was admitted to the practice of law on September 28, 2016.
Shelby lives in Lake Wales with her husband where they enjoy hiking, reading, and gathering with friends.
- Florida, 2016
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida, 2016, J.D.
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, 2013, Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rotary International, Member
- Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar, 2016-Present, Member
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar, 2016-Present, Member
- Family Law Section of the Florida Bar, 2016-Present, Member
Lectures & Talks Given
- Speaker & Author, Advance Directives for Healthcare Professionals, January 26, 2017, Lake Wales Medical Center
Educational Seminars Attended
- Medicaid Planning: The Ultimate Guide, April 18-19, 2017, National Business Institute
- Gifting Strategies in Medicaid Planning, March 13, 2017, National Business Institute
- Practicing with Professionalism, February 1, 2017, The Florida Bar
- Probate Law 2016 Seminar, November 18, 2016, The Florida Bar
- The Probate Team, October 28-29, 2016, Florida Lawyers Support Services, Inc.